Thursday, September 8, 2011

psssh math!

As I await to skype-chat with my dear best friend (or "bestie", as I guess they're called now?), I decided to peruse Google for a daily/weekly devotional book of some kind, using these exact search criteria:

"recommended devotional book that doesn't suck"

...which in turn linked to this book, via some homeschooling websites:


So... does anyone have any devotional book recommendations? Preferably something of substance, and maybe with workbook-like features. I'll continue the hunt on Google for a while, changing up the search terms a bit as well. :)

<"

2 comments:

  1. Anything by Beth Moore is pretty darn good and most of her stuff is in a workbook format...hmmm...we went through a study on the Sermon on the Mount by John Stott that was also very good. That's all I've got right now.

    That cover cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also going to say anything by Beth Moore...all her studies are workbooks and you can download the videos that correspond with each week on ITines...or on the LifeWay website. I especially reccomend Living Beyond Yourself, about the fruits of the Spirt and the Holy Spirit, and "When Godly People Do Ungodly things" about temptations and sin, and the study on the Patriarchs of the OT is excellent. Hope this helps and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete